Cerberus IT Solutions Blog
Co-Managed IT Can Bring Value to Your IT Projects
If you are like most businesses, you don’t consider a new IT project until you need to upgrade your current systems. It can be something like adding some new hardware to your network, migrating to the cloud, or adding new applications to your operations. No matter the project, though, there is one thing that is certain: you need professionals on your team to make sure it goes smoothly. This is where co-managed IT comes into play.
What Problems Do IT Projects Present?
Countless problems can surface when you implement a new IT project. You need to ensure that you have a clear roadmap forward when going about this task, like who is managing the project, the tasks involved with it, and what deadlines or cost restrictions might get in your way. As you can imagine, it’s a lot of work, and it can be hard to manage a project with so many moving parts. Here are some common issues that pop up when you implement new technologies:
- A clear path forward: It can be tempting to add IT to an infrastructure without a clear plan, a prospect which will ultimately lead to inefficiency, implementation, and cost overruns.
- No plan in regards to vendors: Which vendors are supplying the technology you need for your new project, and how reliably can they deliver what you need?
- Problems with the speed of progress: With so many moving parts, like vendors, suppliers, and workers, the speed of progress can be hindered if it’s not coordinated properly. If some of the collaborators are too slow, deadlines could be missed, making the project more time-consuming and costly.
- Changes in scope or priority: Businesses might change the IT project’s path as time goes on, placing a lot of pressure on the project manager. It’s important to plan ahead and adjust only when needed.
- A lack of compatibility: If two systems aren’t compatible, then any new technology project will be doomed to fail, or at least so complicated that it might not be worth pursuing. Plan ahead to ensure this doesn’t happen.
- Not planning for training: New technology is great, but only if your staff know how to use it. Plan to include time to get everyone up to speed on your new IT systems.
How Co-Managed IT Can Help
A lot of planning and detail goes into designing a new IT project, and if you are a smaller business, chances are the same resources who are already stretched too thin are going to be the ones taking on this responsibility. Co-managed IT systems allow a third party, like the amazing technology professionals at Cerberus IT Solutions, to help with running and managing a new IT project for your business. We can ensure that your project stays on task, on budget, and most of all, in line with your business’ needs. We even have relationships with vendors that you can take advantage of to make sure your project goes off without a hitch.
With Cerberus IT Solutions on your side, you are maximizing the chances of your new project’s success. To learn more about what we can do for your business, reach out to us at (361) 333-1123.